Get the jump on spring by growing seedlings in this little greenhouse.
What you need
Treated timber in the following dimensions:
7 x 900mm x 100mm x 18mm
8 x 525mm x 100mm x 18mm
3 x 350mm x 38mm x 38mm
2 x 310mm x 38mm x 38mm
3 x 260mm x 38mm x 38mm
2 x window frames (535mm x 435mm)
* Note: We had these window frames lying around and built the box to fit them. You can easily adjust the measurements for a different window frame, or make a frame to fit. 100 full-thread cut screws (3.5mm x 30mm)
Cordless drill and screwdriver bit, wood saw/cut-off saw, ruler, pencil, jigsaw
What you do
1. Cut the timber to length.
2. Make one side by screwing four 525mm planks to a 350mm cleat, a 310mm cleat and a 260mm cleat. Repeat to make the other side.
3. On the top plank of each side, draw a diagonal line that bisects the plank (from the long cleat down to the short cleat).
4. Cut along this line with a jigsaw
5. Screw four of the 900mm planks to the remaining 350mm cleat, with the cleat in the middle of the planks.
6. Screw three of the 900mm planks to the remaining 260mm cleat, with the cleat in the middle of the planks.
7. Attach the front (three plank) section to the lower ends of the two sides, screwing into the cleats.
8. Attach the rear (four plank) section to the higher ends of the two sides, screwing into the cleats.
9. Screw the window frames to the sides of the box using the hinges.
10. Screw the two window stays to the windows, line them up with the fasteners and screw those to the front central cleat.