Fuchsias, with their beautiful and exotic flowers, are perfect additions to summer gardens, patio pots and hanging baskets. Don’t forget that Fuchsias are best when planted in shade or semi-shade but will cope in a position with morning sun and afternoon shade.
- Take softwood cuttings in early summer.
- Use a soil medium made up of equal parts of coarse river sand and palm peat or fine bark.
- Place cuttings in a solution of EcoBuz RootPro which stimulates healthy root growth and reduces bacterial infections.
- Dip your cuttings in rooting hormone before inserting them in your moist soil medium.
- Place cuttings in a cool place in the shade. They will root within 4 – 6 weeks, after which each rooted cutting can be planted in 10cm pots in quality potting soil.
- Plant young plants into bigger pots or into the garden as soon as their roots have filled the small pots – it should take 4 – 6 weeks.