To the patio we go!
Summer is here, which means we should all be living outside.
Here are some great products to fit in with that lifestyle.
1. Take the Patio Bench Box as an example: yes, it is obviously an elegant two-seater bench for the patio, but there’s more than meets the eye: under the seating is a lockable, 227-litre capacity storage box. The piece of furniture is made of weather-resistant resin so doesn’t need to be pampered in adverse weather conditions. In fact, it is entirely maintenance free!
2. If you’ve already got outdoor furniture and are looking for a storage solution for their cushions, or for just about anything, take a look at the Premier 100 Storage Box. With a capacity of some 380 litres, the Premier 100 is weatherproof and will keep its contents dry and clean, as well as the patio neat.
3. Another dual-purpose solution is the Northwood Storage Box, which doubles as a bench that can handle two adults sitting on it. Like the other products in the Keter range, it is weatherproof and UV protected. The resin is finished in a gorgeous wood look and the lid has assisted opening with gas struts.
4. There’s nothing better than an ice-cold beverage alongside the pool. The Bevy Bar is an ingenious piece of outdoor furniture, combining an efficient cooler box and a snack table in one handsome and trendy unit.
5. We were dazzled by the Portals Deluxe Sofa set, which is a contemporary take on outdoor living. Made from die-cast aluminium frames and teak inlays, it is built to last outdoors (although we’re not sure we would have the heart to leave something this gorgeous outside!). It is also modular, so can be configured to fit your space. The set includes a 3-seater sofa, a 2-seater sofa and a coffee table, as well as cushions.
6. If you’re thinking of redoing your outdoor lounge, it might be worth doing so around the ultra-chic Kingsbury Lounge set. The minimal lines are very trendy right now, and they also don’t take up excess space. The set includes a 2-seater sofa, 2 single chairs and a coffee table, all made from aluminium frames with treated timber accents.
7. Every patio deserves a feature – something special that people will always remark on. The Delhi Chairs are just the ticket, elegantly crafted out of acacia wood with woven seat supports. They come in pairs, can be used indoor or out (under cover), and are as comfortable as they are glamorous.
8. With the prime entertaining season upon us, it’s time to think of ways to glam up the outdoors. Mon has a range of lighting solutions that can be used indoors or outside, but we particularly loved the Table Hanger Party Lights. It clamps to your dining table and the suspended lights will imbue your dinner party with charm and atmosphere. They are battery operated and use very little charge as they are LED lights.
9. We all know that a good rug ties the room together. Well, you can also tie an outdoor room together with one of the outdoor rugs. Made from polypropylene they are almost indestructible and are perfect for the covered outdoor patio. They can be hosed clean and then vacuumed, and are resistant to mould and the weather.
10. When you have furnished your patio and ready to make it your own, turn to the Mon Exteriors range of planters and vases. They come in all sizes and shapes, but one of our favourites has to be the Forest range of textured planters that look so good when planted up with big-leaved tropical foliage.