Christmas dog treats
If anyone deserves a Christmas present this year, its our furry four-legged friends. Dogs give us unconditional love 365 days a year, but often miss out on the Christmas fun (unless they sneak some leftover roast). With this Christmas dog treat DIY, you can embrace the Christmas baking spirit, and make your dogs happy in the process. Although we’re all for collaboration in the kitchen, we recommend you make these as a surprise treat – if pets are involved, there may not be anything left to bake, and a huge mess to clean up afterwards.
For your Christmas Dog Treat You will need
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups oats or oat flour (use oat flour for a smoother consistency)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180⁰C
- Combine all ingredients with a mixer or combine by hand
- Optional: Use natural food colouring to add to dough for decorating biscuits
- Roll out into a square and use Christmas cookie cutters to create shapes
- Bake cookies in the oven for 20 minutes until brown
- Any leftover dough can be kept in the fridge for up to a week.