Concrete Leaf Wall Décor
Mix up some cement and make amazing things with leaves in this concrete leaf wall décor.
What you need
- Quick-set cement
- Large botanical leaves with strong veins
Tools: Gloves, pliers
Steps to make your concrete leaf wall décor
- Mix the quick-set cement with water until it is the consistency of a slush-puppy.
- Make a mound of sand for each leaf, and place your leaves upside down onto the mounds. Cut off any long stems from the leaves.
- Wearing gloves, pack the cement onto the leaves. Prevent the cement from running off by placing sand under the edges of the leaves so that they curl upward. Make sure that the cement coverage is consistent in thickness to prevent breaks and cracks once dry.
- Cut 5cm-long pieces of wire and bend the ends together, creating a loop. Place the loops into the wet cement, just below the leaf stem.
- Leave to dry.
- Flip over the cement and carefully remove the leaves. Sand the edges of the cement leaves smooth.
- Paint the leaves different colours or leave them plain. They can be used as wall hangings or table décor.