DIY Industrial Pot Plant Stand
Pot plant stands are so useful around the house, in funny corners or next to couches. This one you can make yourself, and it will last forever thanks to the industrial piping. Get the kit for this easy DIY from Aluminium Flanges.
What you need:
1 x Pot Plant Stand kit
16 x 4mm x 35mm wood screws
Woodoc 5 Polywax sealer – indoor
Sander, cloth, paintbrush, screwdriver, fine steel wool, flat spatula
What You Do:
1. Sand the wooden circle until smooth.
2. Wipe down the wood with a cloth that has been dampened with mineral turpentine. Leave to dry.
3. Open the Woodoc 5 Polywax sealer and stir well with a flat spatula.
- Apply three coats of the Woodoc 5 Polywax sealer.
- Allow each coat to dry completely before applying the next coat.
- Sand lightly with fine steel wool after the first and second coats have dried.
- Once sanded, wipe down the surface of the wood with a clean, dry cloth to remove all dust, then wipe down the surface with a cloth that has been dampened with mineral turpentine and allow to dry.
- Do not sand after the third coat has dried.
4. Assemble the pot stand kit. With these kits it’s a case of simply screwing the parts all together.
5. Screw the wooden circle into place on top of the pipe pot stand.