Turn your garden bits into an upcycled Easter basket just in time for the children to enjoy hunting for Easter eggs.
What you will need for your Easter basket:
- Previously used hanging basket
- 2.5mm galvanized wire
- Coir Sphagnum moss
- Bark pieces
- Rosemary cuttings and other herbs
- Decorative eggs
- Easter eggs to hide
Tools: Glue gun and glue sticks, pliers
- Remove the old chain from the hanging basket.
- Attach a handle by cutting two half loops of wire and securing them to the frame of the basket.
- Glue the coir to cover the wire where it meets the basket and wrap the rest of the handle with ribbon.
- Glue coir to the rim of the basket.
- Add twigs and herb cuttings. Fill gaps with sphagnum moss and pieces of bark.
- Untangle some of the coir and place it inside the basket to create a nest.
- Fill bare spaces with moss and place decorative eggs on the sides of the handles.