Make a Garden Journal
A garden journal is a helpful tool for recording your successes, listing future plants you want to try, adding photographs to remind you how far you have come, recording interesting happenings in your garden and assembling sketches. Make your own with some old and new items (and a dash of creativity!).
What you will need
- Craft knife
- Old hardcover book (we used an A5) A5 pages
- Lined A4 scrap paper
- Scraps of material
- Mod podge
- Wood glue
To Make Your Garden Journal
- Remove the inner pages of the hardcover book by carefully cutting along the inside of the spine with the craft knife.
- Stack A4 papers, in line with your design, on top of each other. Include pieces in different colours, glue some lined A5 pages or envelopes to one half of an A4 page – the mix is up to you.
- Fold in half and press down.
- Open the pages and make four holes near the fold with a hammer and nail.
- Thread twine through the holes and tie it off.
- Continue until you have made sufficient bundles of paper, filled with colour, envelopes and tissue paper, to fill your journal.
- Place fabric over the cover of the book, allowing an overlap of about 5cm. Cut out and glue to the hard cover.
- Once all your bundles are done, tie them to the spine of the book.
- As your bundles get full, you can remove them and add more.