Make a fairy garden in a pot
Hours of pleasure can be achieved by helping children plant and decorate a fairy garden in the pot.
What you need:
- Large round container
- Potting soil
- Bonsai tree
- we used a Ficus microcarpa
- 4 groundcover plants – we used peace
- in the home (Soleirolia soleirolii)
- Flat stones for a pathway
- Fine fish tank gravel
- Ice cream sticks
- Spray paint
Tools: Glue gun
What to do:
1. Plant up the pot, placing the bonsai tree towards the back and surrounding it with the ground cover, making sure to leave space for decoration. Fill in with potting soil and press down.
2. Make a bench with ice cream sticks. First, make the seat by gluing four ice cream sticks to two more ice cream sticks that are at right angles to the four. Trim off any excess from the two ice cream sticks.
3. Make a backrest and legs similarly, and then glue them together to complete the bench. Cut off any excess and leave to dry. (See picture.)
4. Spray paint the bench.
5. Glue two skewers to a piece of string, and glue triangles of fabric to the string to make bunting.
6. Lay down a path using fine gravel and flat pebbles. Place the bunting at the back.
7. Finish off by placing the bench at the end of the path.