Get into the spirit of summer by potting a special blend of florals and edibles, put together with love and care, to brighten up your outdoor spaces.
What you Need:
- Organic fertiliser pellets
- Palm peat block (reconstituted in water)
- Potting soil
- Bonemeal or superphosphate
- Terracotta bowl container
- A bucket for mixing soil
- A selection of plants
- Salvia ‘Sallyfun Blue Emotion’
- Jalepeno Chilli
- Sutura Scopia ‘Great White’
- Carex ‘Bronze Curls’
- Graptopetalum Paraguayense
What you Do:
1. Make a soil mix by combining ½ potting soil, ½ palm peat, a handful of organic fertiliser pellets and a handful of bone meal or super-phosphate and mixing well in a bucket.
2. Make sure there are drainage holes in the pot and cover with a layer of stones.
3. Fill the pot ¾ of the way up with the soil mix and begin planting using the taller Salvias towards the back, in the centre. Add the shorter plants in the centre and towards the edges. Fill in around the edge with shorter plants, and fill in with the soil mix as you go along.
4. Press the plants down in the pot and water well.
5. Feed your summer pot every two weeks with a liquid fertiliser.