Garden Galleria – January
Check out the latest gardening news and views in this month’s Garden Galleria!
All round good food
Nurture your garden with Talborne Organics Nourish 5:1:4(10) Multi-Plant. It is a 100% plant-based balanced amino acid nitrogen and potassium liquid fertiliser rich in sugars, providing energy to stimulate new plant growth. Apply Nourish Multi-Plant 5:1:4 (10) as a foliar feed or soil drench to make your indoor and outdoor plants flourish, to feed seedlings and cuttings and as a maintenance feed for mixed ornamental and edible gardens in all growth phases.
Small and effective, the Good Roots mister is the perfect solution for delicate indoor plants. It’s crafted from glass with a convenient finger pump trigger. A selection of air plants also available.
Glass orchid pot
Check out this stylish self-watering orchid pot with frosted glass design by Eva Solo. The transparency of glass allows orchids to absorb sunlight through their roots and not just their leaves.
MOONLIGHT 2023 Calendar
Moonlight is an annual poster calendar, produced by Ilona Thorndike, who contributes The Lunar Gardening Guide for The Gardener/Die Tuinier magazines. The Moonlight Calendar is the visual and timing guide to South African Lunar phases, lunar zodiac and gardening by the moon and the first reference to be in tune with the moon’s cycles – by phase, sign or fertility mode for every day of the year. Moonlight 2023 Calendar is the perfect gift for those who love the moon – gardeners, farmers, fisherman, planners, photographers or naturalists.
Special offer: X1 – R130 or x2 – R235 or x3 – R345 – plus delivery cost – for more info on delivery options and to order email: email@example.com with TG2023 in subject line.
These locally made veggie pots allow you to have fresh, organically grown, herbs and veg on your doorstep. All with a minimal carbon footprint! Pots are made from a geotextile fabric and have a soft felt texture. They are designed to be lightweight but durable, sturdy and tough.
New from Protek
Protek listens to their customers feedback and needs and therefore added new packing sizes to some of existing products:
- Protek Guanoflo is a stalwart in the Protek range. Customers wanted a larger packing size for their bigger gardens so the range now includes a 5ℓ bottle. Guanoflo is a certified organic liquid fertiliser made from seabird droppings. It is very easy to apply with the snappy MixNozle that attaches to your garden hosepipe. Guanoflo is available in 200mℓ, 2ℓ and now the 5ℓ container.
- Protek Mycoguard is a contact fungicide that is now available in the original 100mℓ bottle and a new 500mℓ bottle. Mycoguard preventatively controls a wide range of fungi on your plants, like anthracnose, black spot, dollar spot, downy mildew, early blight, late blight, botrytis rot, leaf spot and rust.
- Protek Fly Bait proved its worth in the existing 200g shaker, but customers also requested a smaller container to suit their smaller living spaces. Fly Bait is now also available in the itsy bitsy 100g shaker. It is ready to use and can be applied as a dry bait, scatter bait or as surface spray and paint on.
- Protek Spray-kill 1 for Ants is a new product in the Protek range. It comes in a 500mℓ and a 5ℓ bottle and offers great value for money. To get rid of ants indoors as well as outdoors, simply mix 4mℓ per 1ℓ water and spray the area.
- Protek CarbaKil is a must-have in every household if you have pets. It is a convenient, ready to use product which controls a variety of pests, including lice on birds, ticks and fleas on dogs and cats, and many more. But what do you do if one has many of man’s best friend or a feathered flock? CarbaKil is now available in the 200g shaker as well as a new 500g shaker.
- Protek Avi Gard Mercaptothion protect vegetables and fruit trees from pests like aphids, mealy bugs, scale, thrips, caterpillars and many more feasting on your precious crops. With its quick knockdown effect, within a few days, you (and your neighbourhood) will be able to enjoy the fruits (and veg) of your labour. Avi Gard is available in 100mℓ, 200mℓ and 500mℓ bottles.
Display indoor plants in any window with the new Triflora from Umbra. Mounts to the wall or ceiling with durable melamine pots that can hold standard sized pots.
Enrol Now For Full-Time Courses
Lifestyle College offers a range of landscaping and horticulture courses. Enrol now for these full-time courses:
Landscape Design – 3 April 2023
A 12-month course covering a complete spectrum of more than 25 courses and 4 weeks practical experience.
Horticulture – 31 March 2023
An 8 month course providing learners with a firm foundation of portable skills with which to enter the horticulture industry.
Part-Time Full Landscape Design – 15 April 2023-2026
Suitable for anyone working full-time, this course takes place once a week, every Saturday.
For more information, please contact Lifestyle College on firstname.lastname@example.org