The promoter of this competition is Lonehill Media trading as The Gardener, Die Tuinier, Grow To Eat, Let’s Braai, Kom Ons Braai and/ or Open Gardens (“the Promoter”) in partnership with clients of Lonehill Media (“the Prize Sponsor(s)”).
The Subscribe And Win Competitions are a variety of competitions that are run in various issues of the Promoter’s magazine titles.
By entering the competition, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions:
- The competition is open to any persons who purchase a printed or digital subscription or renew an existing printed or digital subscription to a magazine title which includes the competition.
- Only printed or digital subscriptions or subscription renewals to the magazine title(s) with an allocated competition will be counted as a valid entry.
- The competition is open to subscribers who reside in South Africa only.
- Participants must be 18 years or older to enter the competition.
- The competition is not open to employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, the Prize Sponsors or their respective advertising agencies and PR companies.
- The competition will run according to the dates that the magazine is on sale. Entries will be accepted until 11:59pm on the last day the magazine is on sale, after which the subscriber will not be entered into the competition.
- Entry to the competition will be automatic if all the requirements are met.
- Entries that do not comply with these terms and conditions will be disqualified.
- By entering this competition, you agree to be contacted by the Promoter and Prize Sponsor(s) by means of e-mail or telephone.
DRAWS AND PRIZES
- The winner will be drawn at random, by the Promoter, from all valid entries.
- The winners of these competitions shall be chosen in accordance with the requirements and procedures of the Consumer Protection Act of 2008.
- The decision of the Promoter is final, and the Promoter shall not enter into any correspondence about the result.
- Prizes are not transferable for cash or any other prize.
- The winner will be chosen 14 days after the last day the magazine is on sale.
- The winner will be contacted via telephone or email.
- The winner’s name may appear on a post on the Lonehill Media social media platforms including Facebook and Instagram.
- Once notified, the competition winner will have 5 working days to claim acceptance of his/her/their prize and the receipt thereof will be subject to age verification and South African residency. Upon failure to do so, the Promoter reserves the right to draw a new winner in accordance with the terms stipulated herein.
- Delivery of prizes will be arranged by the Prize Sponsors upon receiving valid verification from the Promoter.
- Prizes will be delivered to the address supplied by the prize winner.
- Delivery can take up to 4 – 6 weeks depending on availability of the prizes from the prize sponsor and the geographical location in South Africa of the prize winner.
- The Prize Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with any other prize of equal value to the prize(s) offered herein, at its sole discretion.
- Any breach of the terms and conditions may, at the Promoter’s absolute discretion, result in forfeiture of any prize.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any disruption to the competition, whether due to technical problems or otherwise, which is beyond its reasonable control. In the event of any disruption to the competition the Promoter shall use its reasonable endeavours to remedy any disruption and resume the competition on a fair and equitable basis to the entrants.
- Entrants may be asked to provide personal details such as full name, phone number, e-mail address, delivery address and to verify that they are over 18 years of age.
- Lonehill Media (“the Promoter”) treats all information collected as confidential.
- Information is collected when a person purchases a printed or digital subscription or renews an existing printed or digital subscription.
- Only personal data of competition winners will be shared with the Prize Sponsor for delivery of prize purposes.
OWNERSHIP AND PUBLICITY
- The Promoter and the Prize Sponsor(s) reserve the right to publish the name(s) and/or photograph(s) of the winner(s) on their digital and social media platforms.
- By purchasing or renewing an existing magazine subscription and therefore providing an entry, you grant the Promoter and the Prize Sponsor the right, except where prohibited by law, to use your name for competition purposes in promoting or publicising the competition, including the right to name the winner(s) of the prize(s) in public.
- The Promoter, however, does not have any obligation to use the winning entries for any purpose.
- The Promoter, acting reasonably, retains the right to delay the timing of the publication of the winners of the competition.
- By entering this, the Promoter reserves the right to communicate with you at any given time during and after the campaign and you may opt out or de-register at any time.
- All entrants and winners indemnify the Promoter, prize sponsors, the Promoter’s advertising agencies, advisers, suppliers, and nominated agents against any and all claims, damages or loss howsoever arising, including but not limited to wilful misconduct or negligent act or omission arising from their participation in this competition.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY
- The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the competition at any time.
- The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for entries not received because they have been lost, or not received due to interrupted internet connections or miscommunications, or other electronic malfunctions.
- Any entries found to be duplicate or fraudulent will result in the entrant being excluded from the competition.
- By participating, all entrants release the Promoter, the Prize Sponsors, its affiliates, partners, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents, employees and all entities associated with the development and execution of this competition from any and all liability with respect to and in any way arising from participation in this competition, acceptance or use of prizes.
- Entrants also agree that the Promoter, the Prize Sponsors, the Promoter’s affiliates, partners, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents, employees and all entities associated with the development and execution of this competition are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or third person’s computer related to or resulting from the competition, the submission and/or its prizes.
- Therefore, if you enter into this competition, you agree not to hold the Promoter, the Prize Sponsor(s) or any associated parties of the Promoter liable for any loss or injury you may suffer as a result of entering into this competition.
- The Promoter is not liable for damage to a user’s computer system (including, without limitation, any server failure or lost, delayed or corrupted data or other malfunction) due, either directly or indirectly, to an entrant’s participation in the competition or downloading of information in connection with the competition.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Promoter on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to the entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this competition or downloading any materials in this competition.
- Entrants agree that the Promoter and its subsidiaries (The Promoter included), as well as the Promoter’s Corporation’s or its subsidiaries’ advertising and competition agencies and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, including the Prize Sponsor(s), will have no liability whatsoever and will be held harmless by winner(s) for any injuries, losses or costs or damage of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of prize or parts thereof, or from participation in this competition.
RIGHT TO AMEND THIS POLICY
- The Promoter reserves the right to change the terms and conditions at any given time.