The promoter of this competition is Lonehill Media trading as The Gardener and Die Tuinier (“the Promoter”) in partnership with clients of Lonehill Media (“the Prize Sponsor(s)”).
The Giant Garden Hamper Competition is competition that will run in the February 2023 issues of The Gardener and Die Tuinier magazines.
By entering the competition, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions:
- The competition is open to anyone who purchases a printed or digital copy of the February 2023 issues of The Gardener or Die Tuinier magazines.
- The competition is open to South African residents only and all entrants must supply their city of residence information with their entry.
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age to enter the competition.
- The competition is not open to employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, the Prize Sponsors or their respective advertising agencies and PR companies.
- Entry to the competition will be via sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org a or SMS (charged at normal rates) or WhatsApp on 061 866 7780.
- It is the responsibility of the competition entrants to ensure that their entry is received by us prior to 27 February 2023. Any entries which are not received by us prior to 27 February 2023 will not be eligible to participate, regardless of the reason for the late entry.
- Entrants must follow the “How to enter” guidelines in order for their entry to be valid.
- Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person.
- Entries that do not comply with these terms and conditions will be disqualified.
- By entering this competition, you agree to be contacted by the Promoter and Prize Sponsor(s) by means of e-mail or telephone.
DRAWS AND PRIZES
- Winners will be drawn at random, by the Promoter, from all valid entries.
- The winners of this competition shall be chosen in accordance with the requirements and procedures of the Consumer Protection Act of 2008. The prize(s) will go to the first name(s) selected at random.
- The decision of the Promoter is final and the Promoter shall not enter into any correspondence about the result.
- Prizes are not transferable for cash or any other prize.
- Winners will be announced on the Promoter and Prize Sponsors’s social media pages.
- Winners will be notified telephonically or via e-mail on or before within three weeks of the competition draw, on the telephone number or e-mail address that they entered this competition with.
- Once notified, the competition winner will have 5 working days to claim acceptance of his/her prize and the receipt thereof will be subject to age verification and South African residency. Upon failure to do so, the Promoter reserves the right to draw a new winner in accordance with the terms stipulated herein.
- Delivery of prizes will be arranged by the Prize Sponsors upon receiving valid verification from the Promoter.
- Prizes will be delivered to the address supplied by the prize winner.
- Delivery can take up to 4 – 6 weeks depending on availability of the prizes from the prize sponsor and the geographical location in South Africa of the prize winner.
- The Prize Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with any other prize of equal value to the prize/s offered herein, at its sole discretion.
- The Prize includes a two hour walk around Tanya Visser and Izolda Van Der Merwe’s garden as well as a complimentary lunch with Tanya Visser and Izolda Van Der Merwe at their house. All other food, accommodation and travel costs will be for the winner’s own account. Dates and times will be arranged directly with the winner to suit both parties. If, for whatever reason, the winner is unable to visit Tanya Visser’s garden in person, a one hour Teams meeting may be arranged with Tanya Visser and Izolda Van Der Merwe.
- Any breach of the terms and conditions may, at the Promoter’s absolute discretion, result in forfeiture of any prize.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any disruption to the competition, whether due to technical problems or otherwise, which is beyond its reasonable control. In the event of any disruption to the competition the Promoter shall use its reasonable endeavours to remedy any disruption and resume the competition on a fair and equitable basis to the entrants.
- Entrants will be asked to provide their personal details such as full name, phone number, e-mail address, delivery address and to verify that they are over 18 years of age.
- Lonehill Media (“the Promoter”) treats all information collected as confidential.
- Information is collected by specifically requesting it from you, this occurs when you enter the competition.
- Only personal data of competition winners will be shared with the Prize Sponsor for delivery of prize purposes.
- The information which the Promoter collects form you may be used for a variety of reasons, such as establishing the general demographics, statistics or market information or to compile a broad profile of visitors who engage with the Promoter.
OWNERSHIP AND PUBLICITY
- The Promoter, including the Prize Sponsor(s) reserve the right to publish the name(s) and/or photograph(s) of the winner(s) on their digital and social media platforms
- By providing an entry, you grant the Promoter, and the Prize Sponsor the right, except where prohibited by law, to use your name for competition purposes in promoting or publicising the competition, including the right to name the winner(s) of the prize(s) in public.
- The Promoter, however, does not have any obligation to use the winning entries for any purpose.
- The Promoter, acting reasonably, retains the right to delay the timing of the publication of the winners of the competition.
- By entering this, the Promoter reserves the right to communicate with you at any given time during and after the campaign and you may opt out or de-register at any time.
- All entrants and winners indemnify the Promoter, prize sponsors, the Promoter’s advertising agencies, advisers, suppliers, and nominated agents against any and all claims, damages or loss howsoever arising, including but not limited to wilful misconduct or negligent act or omission arising from their participation in this competition.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY
- The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the competition at any time.
- The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for entries not received because they have been lost, or not received due to interrupted internet connections or miscommunications, or other electronic malfunctions.
- Any entries found to be duplicate or fraudulent will result in the entrant being excluded from the competition.
- By participating, all entrants release the Promoter, the Prize Sponsors, its affiliates, partners, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents, employees and all entities associated with the development and execution of this competition from any and all liability with respect to and in any way arising from participation in this competition, acceptance or use of prizes.
- Entrants also agree that the Promoter, the Prize Sponsors, the Promoter’s affiliates, partners, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents, employees and all entities associated with the development and execution of this competition are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or third person’s computer related to or resulting from the competition, the submission and/or its prizes.
- Therefore, if you enter into this competition, you agree not to hold the Promoter, the Prize Sponsor(s) or any associated parties of the Promoter liable for any loss or injury you may suffer as a result of entering into this competition.
- The Promoter is not liable for damage to a user’s computer system (including, without limitation, any server failure or lost, delayed or corrupted data or other malfunction) due, either directly or indirectly, to an entrant’s participation in the competition or downloading of information in connection with the competition.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Promoter on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to the entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this competition or downloading any materials in this competition.
- Entrants agree that the Promoter and its subsidiaries (The Promoter included), as well as the Promoter’s Corporation’s or its subsidiaries’ advertising and competition agencies and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, including the Prize Sponsor(s), will have no liability whatsoever and will be held harmless by winner(s) for any injuries, losses or costs or damage of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of prize or parts thereof, or from participation in this competition.
RIGHT TO AMEND THIS POLICY
- The Promoter reserves the right to change the terms and conditions at any given time.