A trend that has taken America by storm and is sure to be a hit at home is a S’mores Bar Party. Along with a build-your own burger or hot-dog bar, a s’mores bar is a great way to entertain adults and kids alike in your own backyard. For kid’s parties it’s a winner and a reasonably inexpensive way to feed the masses – under supervision, of course!
Your bar should consist of:
• Biscuits – we used four different types, but the most popular were the Tennis biscuits
• Sauces and bites – this is where you can go wild with all the things you like:
• Dark and white chocolate pieces (or chocolate sauce).
• Salty caramel sauce – place a cup of sugar in a saucepan and heat gently for around 5 minutes, swirling the sugar until it is a lovely caramel colour. Keep an eye on it at all times as it turns dark very quickly. Take off the heat and step back while pouring in ¾ cup of cream. Add 3 tablespoons of butter and stir until all combined, then add a pinch of sea salt flakes.
• Apple and cinnamon sauce – peel and chop apples, place in a saucepan with ½ cup water, 2 tablespoons sugar and a dash of ground cinnamon, and cook down until the apples are soft.
• Toppings – fresh and tasty bits:
• Shaved toasted coconut
• Fruit – sliced strawberries, or any other berries, pineapple, or whatever you fancy.
Now all you need are some family and friends, and it’s a party.