Pimped Malva Pudding
We are upgrading this popular dessert, the malva pudding, and see no harm in adding fragrant and tasty stuff to the mixture and the sauce that goes over the baked pudding, or in garnishing it with exotic toppings.
Malva Pudding Ingredients
2 tablespoons apricot jam
2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
30g butter, melted
2 teaspoons vinegar
½ teaspoon orange essence
½ teaspoon orange extract
Instructions to make your malva pudding
- Beat the sugar and eggs together until they are light and creamy.
- Combine the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
- Combine the melted butter, vinegar and milk.
- Add half the flour and half the butter mixture into the eggs and sugar, and mix.
- Add the remaining ingredients and the essence and mix until well combined.
- Pour into cupcake papers set in 2 x 12-hole muffin tins until ¾ full. Bake at 180°C for 20 minutes until cooked through.
- For the sauce combine the ingredients in a saucepan and heat until the sugar has melted.
- Pour spoonfuls of the sauce on each cupcake, repeating the process until the sauce is finished.
- Decorate with whipped cream and mandarin segments.