Watermelon Salad Summer Delight
Try this watermelon salad at your next braai and enjoy the juicy deliciousness it brings to the table.
- 300g diced watermelon
- 300g mixed colour baby tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small bunch basil, leaves picked and any larger ones torn
- 200g goat’s cheese, broken into large chunks
- 10g shelled unsalted pistachios, roughly chopped, to serve
- Handful of microgreens for garnish
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries to garnish (optional)
For the dressing
- 75g raspberries
- 100ml white balsamic vinegar
Put the raspberries and vinegar in a food processor and blitz until smooth. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Cover the dressing and transfer to the fridge until ready to use (the raspberry vinegar is best eaten fresh, but will keep in the fridge for a few days).
Halve your mixed colour baby tomatoes and season with salt and pepper, then toss through the olive oil. Add your diced watermelon and toss together. Gently place your tomato and watermelon mixture on a beautiful serving platter/plate.
Scatter over the basil leaves and goat’s cheese. Season with freshly ground black pepper, then spoon over the dressing. Scatter over the pistachios, fresh raspberries and microgreens just before serving.
This watermelon salad is the perfect salad for hot summer days and can be served along your favourite braai meat, roast chicken or steak.