Refresh an Old Trellis
Repurpose and refresh a trellis by painting it in a bold colour to add a touch of instant brightness to a garden. This is perfect for adding a few growing climbers to the mix.
What you need to refresh your trellis
- Old wooden garden trellis
- Turbo screws (4mm x 20mm)
- Spray paint (we used Rust-Oleum Orange Gloss)
Tools: Pliers, cordless drill, hammer
Steps to refresh your trellis
- Disassemble the old trellis by levering it apart with the hammer.
- Use pliers to remove all the staples.
- Lay out the wood to make a pattern of your choice, using three long pieces as legs.
- Screw the wooden slats together.
- Spray-paint and leave to dry.
Tip: Trellises are great for aiding climbers in the garden. Never place your trellis directly onto a wall that gets afternoon sun; this could burn the plant’s leaves. Always leave a 5cm gap between your trellis and the wall to allow for sufficient airflow to keep your plants cool.