Run Marble, Run – DIY for Kids
This fun kids game keeps them entertained for ages.
For this kids game you need
- 915mm x 625mm x 10mm plywood sheet
- 2.5m x 25mm PVC pipe, cut into 8 lengths varying from 750mm to 100mm
- 16 x 25mm PVC 90° elbows
- 4 peel-and-stick flexible magnet sheets* (450mm x 310mm)
- 20 small 20mm x 3mm disc magnets*
- Contact adhesive
Hacksaw, pencil, measuring tape.
- Stick the peel-and-stick magnet sheets to the plywood board. (If the adhesive doesn’t hold, use contact adhesive – we did.)
- Cut the PVC pipe into eight lengths (or as many as you want) with a hacksaw.
- Push 90° elbows onto both ends of each pipe, pointing in opposite directions.
- Using epoxy, glue disc magnets to each length of pipe. We used two on each of the shorter lengths, and three on each of the longer lengths. We found that a magnet every 150mm worked well.
- When the epoxy has dried the marble run is ready to play with. Arrange the pipes on the magnetic sheets so that a marble will run down from the top of the board to the bottom via the pipes and elbows. This kids game is loads of fun!
* We found both the magnet sheets and the disc magnets online at www. magnetstore.co.za.