File Your Seeds!
We love this idea, of making your own seed strips and storing them in a file. Seed tapes or seed strips are a great way to plant seeds, especially ones that are very small and difficult to handle
- Maizena or flour
- Squeezie bottle (like an old tomato sauce bottle)
- Paper towel
Bowl, scissors, spoon
1. Cut strips of paper towel, about 3cm wide.
2. Mix flour and water to make a thin paste.
3. Pour the thin paste into the squeezie bottle. Then squeeze a bead of paste every few centimetres (or however far apart you need the seeds planted).
4. Pop a seed or two onto each bead.
5. Put another strip of paper towel on top of the first, making a little paper/glue sandwich.
6. When the paste has dried (which happens very quickly!), store the strips in plastic sleeves in a file, along with the seed packet so that you know the instructions.