Sowing Guide for December
- Leaf vegetables: spinach, rocket
- Root vegetables: beetroot (cooler areas)
- Legumes: bush and runner beans
- Brassicas: broccoli (first sowing for cooler areas), cabbage (cooler areas), cauliflower (first sowing for cooler areas)
- Fruit vegetables: capsicums (last month), tomatoes (last month), cucumber, marrows, squash, mealies and pumpkins
- Shoots: asparagus (except Lowveld and KwaZulu-Natal coast)
- Herbs: continue sowing basil, coriander, dill, nasturtium, flat leaf parsley, chives and sage.