Drying Rack for Herbs
Herbs are easy to dry, and by doing so you are able to save excess plants for later use. An added plus is that they can be really decorative too. Make your own herb drying rack to use at home.
What you will need:
- Thin woven fabric
- Staple gun and staples
- Garden trellis
- 12mm wooden dowel
How to make your herb drying rack
- Cut two equal sizes of garden trellis of about 600mm x 200mm (or whatever size will fit your space).
- Glue the fabric to the two pieces of trellis and secure ends with staple gun.
- Cut four 400mm-long pieces of string and tie to the first frame, one on each corner.
- Make a mark on each piece of string 300mm from the first frame and tie to the four corners of the second frame.
- Cut four 400mm-long pieces of string and tie to the second frame, one on each corner.
- Tie together opposite sides of string and slip over the dowel.
- Hang in a dry place.
- Bunches of herbs can be tied directly to the dowel or placed on the fabric.