Healthy Banana and Chocolate Ice Cream
Healthy and ice-cream don’t always have to be antonyms. While this banana and chocolate ice cream recipe may not completely replicate your favourite dessert, it’s still delicious and a much healthier alternative to standard ice-cream.
To make your banana and chocolate ice cream you will need:
- 4 bananas, cut into pieces and frozen
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- ¼ cup milk (or coconut/almond milk for a vegan option)
- Dark chocolate chips (optional)
Place the bananas (already cut into pieces and frozen), cocoa powder, peanut butter and milk in a food processor and pulse. Scrape the sides of the food processor and continue mixing until the mixture is smooth. Add to an ice-cream container (stir in chocolate chips here if you have them) and freeze for 2 hours, or eat straight away!