Grow your own mushrooms
Oyster mushrooms are one of the quickest and easiest mushrooms to grow yourself. They are a great addition to your healthy eating plan because they are fat free, low in calories, very low in sodium, gluten-free and cholesterol-free. Read more about oyster mushrooms here. Grow your own oyster mushrooms using the very simple grow kits from Wild Plum Mushrooms. Here’s how to do it:
You will need:
• 1 Wild Plum Mushrooms grow kit
• Mist spray bottle
• Sharp knife
What you do:
1. Remove the stopper from the top of the grow kit.
2. Look for where the white part is thickest. (This is the mycelium.) Make a cut in the plastic using a clean sharp knife.
3. Lift the flap of plastic you have just cut.
4. Spray with the mist bottle.
5. Keep the grow kit out of direct sunlight and spray regularly to keep hydrated.
6. Wait until the mushrooms have grown and are ready for harvesting, which should take between 5 and 8 days.
7. Harvest the mushrooms by holding them firmly at the base and pulling them off the growing medium.